Taking Stock of IIA Reform: Multi-year Expert Meeting
The IIA stocktaking will occur on the first day of the UNCTAD Multi-year Expert Meeting on Investment, Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Productive Capacity-building and Sustainable Development, scheduled for 16 - 17 March 2016.
Why join the UNCTAD expert meeting?
IIA reform is being undertaken at all levels of policymaking - national, bilateral, regional and multilateral. Join the debate to find out how this is happening and what can be done to effectively reform international investment governance in line with today's sustainable development imperative.
Join us to:
- Engage with other experts: join the discussion with high-level experts from the investment and development community, including governments, inter-governmental organizations, the private sector, civil society and academia.
- Share your experience: experts will share experience of their country's or stakeholders' approach to IIA reform to identify lessons learned, best practices and the way forward.
- Review UNCTAD tools on IIA reform: experts will review their use of UNCTAD's Investment Policy Framework for Sustainable Development and UNCTAD's Roadmap for IIA Reform, providing feedback, comments and suggestions for future editions.
- Shape the IIA Conference at the 5th World Investment Forum (WIF) in Nairobi, Kenya: share your ideas for possible discussion topics, themes and outcomes of the 19 July 2016 IIA Conference.
How can you join the discussion?
- Join us in person in Room XXVI, Palais des Nations, Geneva: please RSVP to WIF_IIA_Conference@unctad.org with "In person attendance" in the subject line.
- Join us online via the live webinar: please RSVP to WIF_IIA_Conference@unctad.org with "Webinar attendance" in the subject line. Participating via webinar will allow you to watch live streaming online, send your written comments/questions on the live discussion forum and request the floor for an intervention (camera and microphone required for interventions).
The event will take place on 16 March in Geneva, Switzerland.
Official Notification - Download here
Introductory Remarks by James Zhan, Director of Investment and Enterprise Division at UNCTAD